Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Politicians


I have had many people tell me I should get into politics.  I would love to.   If I did, I am sure I would piss a lot of people off and make a lot of enemies.   One thing I do know is that I have integrity, and I cannot be bought. If I believe in it, then I will fight for it.  If I don’t, you will not change my mind.  If I were to hold office, I would do what is best for my child’s future, and if it is something that in the end, I do not think would benefit my child, it would not get my vote.  Plain and simple.  If I would want it for my child, and to make her life better, then it is something I would want for your child as well.  We need to start getting politicians in office who care about the future, and look at the laws this way.  Instead of looking out for what benefits the rich, we need to start looking out for what benefits the future.  We need people in office who care about the future and not the now.  We need people in office who care about the world their grandchildren are going to grow up in.  Some say it may be too late to fix this country.  I cannot believe that.  We may be getting close to that point, but we are not there yet.  I am not in a position to change things. But those that are need to start because our future depends on them.
We have elections in this country, and unfortunately, it seems that we have a choice between “the lesser of two evils” for the most part.  Most politicians are already millionaires, or close to it.  Most politicians have the “powers that be,” in their back pockets.  Most politicians are pulling in a one hundred thousand plus salary a year.  Our country is in a financial mess, yet they are entitled to their bonuses and their pay raises, which they give themselves.  Does this make sense?  They are already far richer than the average American, yet we are working to provide them an outrageous salary which we can’t afford to pay them in the first place.  We cannot afford their $10,000.00 desk they sit behind.  We cannot afford those drapes which cost $5,000.00.  We cannot afford the lifestyle that holding office has come to call for.  And unfortunately, this is what our taxes go toward.  This country is on the brink of financial disaster, and they keep spending. 
If the average Joe were to try to get into office, he or she would not stand a chance.  The fees for filing are meant for the millionaires in office already to be able to pay.  The process is meant for the rich, and to keep the average and poor out of the loop.  In this day and age, the rich do not represent the majority of the American People. 
The sad thing is, we have no one to blame for ourselves, because we allowed it to happen.  Don’t worry; I am not done with Politicians. 

No comments:

Post a Comment